IMPORTANT INFORMATION, TERMS and CONDITIONS
The text below is very important and highlights the purpose of the web site and any terms and conditions for using it. It is a condition of access to this site that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions before the right to bid on any auctions is granted. Please read carefully before deciding to agree or disagree with these terms and conditions.
* You must be at least 18 years old and be able to make a legally binding
contract to purchase Goods and services before you may register for membership
and have access to this website.
* This is a commercial fine wine auction being organised by
Wickman's Fine Wine Auctions.
* This website will allow registered users to view the goods and services on
offer. You may register a bid for any of the goods and services listed here
until the day of the auction at which time no
further bids will be accepted and the highest bidder at that time will be deemed
the purchaser of those goods or services. Winning bidders will receive an
invoice within 48 hours. Payments must be received for all winning bids no later
than 14 days after the close of the auction.
* Unless otherwise noted all of the goods are located in Adelaide, Australia. It
is a condition of using this site that you will be required to pay for all
shipping, packaging and insurance costs related to transporting any goods to you
Ex-Adelaide. Under no circumstances will any wine be available for pickup from
the auction organiser. You will be required to show proof of age on delivery.
* All wine Ex-Adelaide will be packed for shipment and Goods are shipped
anywhere in Australia by our preferred carrier Australia Post. The
rate per carton varies, please see the packing, shipping and insurance guide for
further details. Your wine must be insured for the full amount of the invoice.
* The shipping costs for wine from locations that are not marked Ex-Adelaide are
on a case by case basis, but the most cost effective method will be chosen.
* International bidders are welcome as long as they will not be contravening any
local laws by bidding or through receiving wine that they subsequently purchase.
Please be aware that it can be very expensive to have wine delivered to an
international destination and delivery is priced per dozen 750ml bottles. For
example; it can cost $300 AUD to deliver a dozen wines to the USA.
* All prices and bids are made in Australian Dollars.
* If The Organiser has to take action to recover monies from a Buyer then the
Buyer agrees to pay all of The Organisers recovery costs (including legal costs
on a full indemnity basis) and expenses.
* A bank transfer is the preferred method of payment but other methods may be
considered with prior arrangement.
* Credit card payment is also accepted (VISA, Mastercard or Bankcard) but a
1.5% surcharge will be applied to the transaction.
* Bank transfers within Australia are usually free of charge, however
international transfers and Pay Pal payments will attract a charge to both the
sender and the recipient. Any associated charges must be paid by you, and you
may be charged a nominal fee in the final invoice to cover those expected
* Please allow at least 21 days for delivery of your wine.
* IMPORTANT: We do not ship wine when very hot weather is expected as heat exposure can damage it. I will keep your wine in storage until such time it is safe to ship.
* All goods are sold as per the title, description and any photograph. It is the
buyers responsibility to make their own assessment of any Lot before bidding for
* If you bid on a Lot you make an irrevocable offer to buy the Lot at the price
bid. Bids must be received by the closing time on the closing day of the Auction. All time is Australian Central Standard Time (ACST),
Adelaide time. Wickman's Fine Wine Auctions reserves the right, at their absolute discretion, to
refuse any bid as he may determine.
Wickman's Fine Wine Auctions
reserves the right to withdraw any Lot from sale or to combine any two or more
lots at any time. All prices are in Australian dollars.
* A Seller is prohibited from placing bids or arranging to have bids placed on
behalf of the Seller in respect to Goods that it offers for sale. A Seller can
bid on any other Lots (not owned by it) in the Auction.
* The final bid or Hammer Price means the price at which a Lot is knocked down
to the Buyer, being the highest bid posted at the close of auction.
* The Purchase Price payable by the Buyer shall be the final bid or Hammer Price
plus a Buyer's Premium of 10% of the hammer price.
* When you trade with
Wickman's Fine Wine Auctions
you agree to do so subject to the terms of
of trading. It is available separately and can be read by clicking here.
* You must supply a valid address (not a post office box) and an established
phone number that belongs to that address to be eligible for bidding.
* If The Organiser considers that a Member has breached the terms of these
Terms, without further notice to the Member and at its absolute discretion, it
may immediately suspend his/her membership rights including the right to bid on